ian is a big fan of this one. it’s just easy to whip up in one pot and it’s tasty.
recipe adapted from and picture via primavera kitchen
1. peel and mince two cloves of garlic. dice up one small onion and one small yellow pepper. cut 2 sweet potatoes (about 1.5 cups) into small cubes. shred or grate up 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese.
2. in a skillet that has a fitting lid, heat a glob of olive oil. add 1 pound lean ground turkey and the minced garlic. break up the meat as it cooks and stir occasionally for about five minutes.
3. add the sweet potatoes, onion, yellow pepper, a generous shake of salt and pepper and a sprinkling of driedchili flakes. stir everything together and then add a few splashes of water to help the sweet potatoes cook. cover the skillet and allow to cook until everything is tender, uncovering occasionally to stir.
4. add a big handful or two of spinach (not pictured – my addition) and stir while allowing it to wilt.
5. add the cheeses, cover the skillet and allow the cheese to melt for five minutes.
6. serve and enjoy! this recipe keeps well in the fridge and the leftovers are yummy.