I don’t think I have ever posted this recipe, which is crazy because we make it so much. Claire and I had it on “repeat” probably twice a week in the fall before all the Christmas craziness. Now that things have calmed down we need to get back on it because it’s so good! My sis-in-law Laurel gave me this recipe years ago and I know there are lots like it out there, but this one’s my fav.
Here we go:
All you do is mix up these ingredients and there you have it: dip for chips, topping for tacos or enchiladas, an extra ingredient for my favorite lentil tacos, a scoop on pretty much everything is SO GOOD!
- 12-oz. can black beans (drained)
- handful of tomatoes, chopped
- a couple green onions, chopped
- 1-2 avocados cut into chunks (the more the merrier in my opinion, the less the better for Claire, ha!)
- 1/2-3/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 c. white corn (I just use sweet frozen corn)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- a little less than 1 pkg. Good Seasonings Italian Seasoning mix (or make up your own extra spices to taste)
- juice from 1-2 limes (to taste)
Notes: There are a lot of things “to taste” because we just kind of guess it all, and it always turns out delicious. And also the recipe calls for roma tomatoes, but I ALWAYS have these little ones on hand and we just cut them in quarters and they are perfect:
Get your daughter hooked so she’ll make this for you on demand 🙂
There you go, deliciousness right there at your fingertips.