ever since i discovered this recipe, i’ve been really into roasted eggplant (or aubergine as they call it here in england). i thought i didn’t like eggplant! the mix of flavors in this meal is soooo good.
recipe adapted from and picture via deliciously ella
1. slice 1 medium eggplant into bite-size chunks. spread the cubes on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with a bit of olive oil, salt and dried rosemary. allow the eggplant to sit while you slice the other vegetables – this helps the best flavor to come out as it roasts. heat the oven to 375.
2. cut 8 plum tomatoes into eighths and 1 zucchini into half moon slices. chop up 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (from a jar).
3. put the eggplant in the heated oven and allow to roast for about 20 minutes.
4. meanwhile, put the tomatoes, zucchini, and sun-dried tomatoes in a sauce pan with a glob of olive oil, a sprinkling of salt, and a handful of torn fresh basil leaves. allow everything to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. meanwhile, cook 2 servings of pasta (i’ve used brown rice pasta, as suggested in the original recipe, and it was really good!) in boiling water and then drain.
6. just before the eggplant is ready, add 1/2 cup of pine nuts to the baking tray and allow the nuts to toast.
7. combine the pasta, simmered tomato/zucchini sauce, and roasted eggplant with pine nuts. dish into bowls and add a handful of rocket on top of each serving. then, enjoy!