Saydi came up with this one, and we love it because watermelon goes a long way, it’s different, and it’s delicious!
1/2 pound green beans (I like french beans here, but any will do) 1 package halloumi cheese (or feta-but halloumi is so good!) Chopped fresh mint
Juice of 1/ 2 lemon Olive oil
Pinch of salt
1. Cut watermelon into 1-inch chunks.
2. Blanch beans by flash cooking them in boiling water for 3 minutes and then immediately immersing them in a bowl of ice water .
3. Pan-fry halloumi until golden (it is a very firm cheese and keeps its shape), cool, and cut into bite-sized chunks .
4. Make dressing by squeezing the juice of 1/2 lemon and adding an equal amount of olive oil. Add a big pinch of salt, and mix well.
5. Stir all ingredients together gently, then add dressing to taste.