Of course every grandma needs another chocolate chip cookie recipe. Saydi adopted this recipe from her mother-in-law and makes it with Rice Krispies several times at the reunion. Last year, she won the Cookie Bake-off Contest with this recipe. Makes about four dozen cookies. Double if necessary.
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
4 cups oats
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 cups Rice Krispies
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Add salt, flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Add oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.
5. Add Rice Krispies and stir until just mixed.
6. Drop onto a cookie sheet by spoonfuls or with a cookie scoop.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8-9 minutes, depending on the size. The cookies may look a bit undercooked, but that’s how we like them