1 1/4 cups (1 15-ounce can) canned pumpkin 1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla 2 1/2 cups sugar
4 cups flour (you can use 3 cups white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour, if desired)
2 teaspoons baking soda 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 1/ 2-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (depends on how choco latey you want them to be!)
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Mix together all the wet ingredients and the sugar.
2. Add the flour one cup at a time, mixing between each cup.
3. Add the baking soda and spices with the last cup of flour.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Add a cup of chopped walnuts or pecans if you like.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) for 10-12 min utes-be sure not to overbake! Take cookies out when they’re still a bit doughy looking.