Serves 50- 60.
48 ounces whole wheat fusilli or bowtie pasta
6 small onions, chopped
6 tablespoons butter
7 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons dried italian seasoning
1 1/2-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper (optional)
12 cups chopped cooked chicken
12 cups shredded cheese
2 32-ounce jars artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
2 large Costco bags spinach (about 15 cups), steamed and drained thoroughly
3 cups oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
3 cups grated parmesan cheese
3 cups soft breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon paprika
2/3 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Cook pasta and drain.
2. In a medium skillet, saute onion in butter until tender, then set aside.
3. In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, seasoning, salt, and red pepper. Stir in chicken, cheese, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups parmesan, cooked pasta, and onion.
4. Transfer to six 9×13-inch baking dishes and bake covered for 20 minutes.
5. In small bowl, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups parme san cheese, breadcrumbs, paprika, and melted butter. Sprinkle over pasta.
6. Bake uncovered 10 minutes or until golden.